We’re a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides street-involved youth the opportunity to reclaim their lives, one cup at a time.
We believe in a cup of coffee that impacts more than your taste buds. We’re a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that provides street-involved youth the opportunity to reclaim their lives, one cup at a time. Every time you purchase a bag of our coffee, you fund one hour of job training for a young person exiting street life.
In partnership with New Horizons, we use empowering apprenticeships to train & employ young people seeking to exit street life to be your baristas. When you drink Street Bean Coffee, you’re supporting young people in their journey off the streets and into sustainability.
We train our apprentices with a professional curriculum developed by our staff to teach both the hard skills needed to be a great barista and the soft skills needed for long-term employment of any kind.
- various coffee brewing techniques
- operation of La Marzocco espresso machine
- milk steaming and pouring
- creative expression through drink and product development
- interpersonal communication & conflict resolution skills
- self-governance, punctuality & responsibility
- teamwork & problem solving
- empathy & work ethic
Past apprentices have gone on to work in other local coffee shops and other types of employment thanks to the skills and reference they earned while working at Street Bean.